Published on February 23, 2023
If you had Marketplace coverage at any point in 2022, or got the premium tax credit last year, here’s what you need to know about filing your federal taxes.
- Keep Your Form 1095-A in a Safe Place
- Check That Your Form 1095-A Is Correct
- Make sure your household and coverage information, amount and monthly premium are correct.
- If you find an error, contact the Marketplace Call Center. We will send you an updated form to file.
- “Match” with your correct Form 1095-A
- Use the information from your corrected Form 1095-A to complete Part II of Form 8962 (PDF, 110kb).
- Get the details on how to “reconcile.”
- If there is a difference between the amount of premium tax credit availed by you during the year and the amount actually received by you, it will affect your refund or the amount of taxes payable by you.