Published on March 9, 2023
The tax filing deadline is April 18, 2023. If anyone in your household had a Marketplace plan in 2022, use Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement to file your federal taxes. You will get this form from the Marketplace, not the IRS. Check your Form 1095-A to make sure your information is correct. Keep it with your other important tax information.
Check Your Online Account for Form 1095-A
If you didn’t receive your Form 1095-A in the mail, or you can’t find it, check your HealthCare.gov account:
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Under “Your existing apps,” select your 2022 application.
- Select “Tax Forms” from the menu on the left.
- Download all 1095-A forms shown on the screen.
How to “Reconcile” Using Form 1095-A
- You’ll use Form 1095-A to “reconcile” — check whether there’s a difference between the premium tax credit you received and the amount you’re eligible for on your taxes.
- Before you begin, check the form to make sure the information is correct. If you filed your taxes with the wrong form, you may need to file an amended tax return using the correct information.
- If anything is wrong with your coverage or home, contact the Marketplace Call Center.